Geocoder and Reverse Geocoder is a .net desktop application that converts addresses to lat/lng (geocoding) and lat/lng to address (reverse geocoding). It allows to import CSV file and also exports the result to CSV file.
- It converts addresses to lat/lng (geocoding).
- It converts lat/lng to address (reverse geocoding).
- It imports data from CSV file.
- It exports the result to CSV file.
- It uses the Google Geocoding API.
- It supports single as well as multiple fields addresses i.e. you can have one field for the complete address or multiple fields like street, city, state, country and zip.
- It allows you to change data in the grid and retry if it fails due to incorrect address or lat/lng.
- It displays progress as the rows are processed.
- It also displays status of the rows (blue for in progress, white for not processed, red for failure and green for success). Also shows description of the status.
- Unicode support has been added.
- Regional support added for processing CSV files.
- You can specify the language in which you want to get reverse geocoding result.
- You can specify which result properties to display when processing reverse geocoding.
- Source code has also been provided.
Video PreviewClick here to see the video preview.
Save $10Click here to download the same app (without source) for just $19.
How To Use?
- Browse a CSV file and click Load File button.
- If you want to geocode addresses, then select Geocoding option and select address fields in the proper order like street, city, state, country and zip.
- If you want to reverse geocode, then select Reverse Geocoding option and select Latitude and Longitude fields from the drop down lists.
- Enter your Google API key.
- Click the Process button.
- Progress will be shown as rows are processed and status of the rows will also be displayed (blue for in progress, red for failure and green for success).
- If there are rows marked as red and you have specified a correct API key, then it can be issue with the data. So change data of that row and click the Process button to try again.
- When all rows are processed, click the Export button to save the result as a CSV file.
Updates HistoryUpdate 1 (Version 1.2):
- Unicode support added.
- Added a status button with each row to display status description.
- Regional settings support added. The CSV file should be formatted according to the current selected regional settings of the OS. The exported CSV file is automatically formatted according to the regional settings.
- An option dialog has been added where we can specify language and select result properties.